Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Oh, the Things my Husband Researches!

     So, you know the book "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss?  Yes, he is a well-esteemed author in my eyes... his rhyming and clever drawings always get me.  Now, you must ask, what's up with the title?  Since we've been married, I have realized more and more that Josh researches the craziest things!

     This will be a list that I will add to throughout the years.  Maybe it's more of a guy thing to research random facts that pop into their heads, whereas, girls are more prone to see which baby Angelina and Brad are going to adopt next.  Either way, Josh's fascination for the random has been quite entertaining to me.  So, I will get right to our first conversation that led me to formulate a list of the fun things Josh researches.

     While I was getting ready in the bathroom, Josh was on the bed and started singing the Barney song, "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family..." He stopped singing to tell me that Barney is Black.  I didn't know what he meant at first, then I said, "Oh, you mean the person inside the costume?" (Sorry if any children are reading this and now realize Barney is, in fact, a person and not a real dinosaur) Josh responded with a solid, yes.  He said he 'looked it up'. 

     The conversation slowed down and after about 10 minutes of me continuing to get ready in the bathroom, I heard a peculiar noise.  I asked Josh what was going on.  He said he was watching a video on 'Cats Skydiving'.  Point proven.  My husband researches the most random things.

Accumulative List:
(Not all subjects will have a story)
  • Barney's ethnicity
  • Cats Skydiving
  • To put two bowling alleys in a home it costs $50,000 "that's it!" 
  • Pandas playing with Balls
  • Monkeys doing Karate
  • Penguins scared to dive into water
    

No comments :