Sunday, January 27, 2013

FOOD

Alright, this is another post I will be updating as frequently as possible.  These are all experiments I performed using a combination of recipes to make one catered just for me.  And hopefully you too!  These were usually made on Sundays because 1) I have time to make something yummy and 2) Sunday is my day I like to make meals/snacks that I can have quickly throughout the week.  So, lets cut the chit chat and get to the good stuff!

NUTELLA CREPES.



 Recipe:

1 cup flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbs butter
1/4 cup nutella

What I love about this recipe is that it's cheaper than pancake mix!  It doesn't matter which order you put the ingredients into the bowl, I simply mixed the ingredients all together and poured them into the pan.  And, as you can see by the picture, toppings include mini chocolate chips (because they're more fun than regular size) and syrup!  These are Josh's favorites... mine is strawberry jam (: So... as you can see- depending on what you like, toppings are up to you!




GRANOLA BITES.



Okay.  Can I just say... these are SO good.  My New Years Resolution was to do no desserts (except for Holidays- don't worry, I'm not totally deprived), but these accidentally kind of turned out like delicious cookies......? WHOOPS!  But you can always substitute certain ingredients.  Ex. Whole wheat flour for flour, Stevia for sugar, walnuts/fruit for white chocolate chips, etc. To make them healthier.

Recipe:

3 cups oats
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
2 tbs vanilla extract
1 egg

For this recipe, it didn't matter which order I put the ingredients into the bowl.   I kind of just threw things in and tasted little by bit, but kept track of how much of what I put into the bowl.  Typically with cookies or granola, you should mix the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls... So if you would like to do that, GO for it!

I baked these puppies at 350* for no more than 15 minutes.  Depends on how crunchy you want them.  But if you are going to make bars instead of bites then I would cook them for 20 minutes.  I was afraid these would turn out too hard, and they feel a little crumbly but the middle was chewy...  Enjoy!




1 comment :