Sunday, November 3, 2013

Eleven Little Things....


Alright, I am going to make a new goal for myself to make the first post of each month related to the number of that month and the holiday it is known for.  Does that make sense? I guess each month you'll just have to follow along to see what I'm talking about (;

Since November is the eleventh month of the year, I would like to express eleven things I am grateful for.

1. People who genuinely care and influence me to do better.


These are my lovely bridesmaids (: I think this picture is a perfect representation of what I'm thankful for because it has my sisters and friends all in one shot.  Friends and family are typically the ones that care for me and influence me to do better, but there are people that have a great influence on me that don't even know it; my goal is to be one of those people for others.


2. A healthy body that allows me to go to the gym each day.


I'm such a dope- why did I take this picture?  I don't know... maybe because I want proof that I go since I'm not one of those people that tell facebook every time?! haha I'm so mean.  Anyways, I am thankful that I am healthy!  Josh and I have this thing between us where we've decided that he's the "physical" leader and I'm the "spiritual" leader.  Of course, positions are not set in stone, but that is typically our domain ;)  Even on those days that I'm just not feelin' like going to the gym- he gets me there! And those days that he's too tired to read, I read. It works out great!


3. Living in a nation where education is readily available.


I feel so grateful for coming from not only the U.S., but a community that emphasized the importance of education.  The possibility of not going to college wasn't even an option.  Some may disagree, and that's fine, but personally I am thankful that I grew up in a place that education was the main emphasis for success.


4. Having the freedom to worship however I may.


The church is everything to me.  I'm so thankful that I can attend the temple whenever I please and openly talk to others about what I believe in.


5. Somebody to share forever with.


Yay for husbands!! I don't want to get obnoxious, but he's so great! I could go on forever about how lucky I am, but I shall spare thee.


6. Family who has and always will encourage me in all my endeavors.


No matter how much of a pill I was for my family, they always supported me!  Whether it was attending sporting events, or school activities- my family supported me and still does.

 
7. A sense of humor to not easily get offended.


 Of course, from time to time, I get offended.  It's hard not to sometimes.  But I am always making an effort to brush it off and give people the benefit of the doubt.  I've found that when I do this- I am much, much happier.


8. Common sense to help me with every decision.


I know it's not good to compare myself to others- but in my classes, I am amazed with how many people ask questions that deal with common sense.  They ask teachers questions that I think is a silly question, but realize that maybe it's a lack of common sense?  I hope this doesn't sound rude.  But either way- I am grateful for common sense! (:


9. Being exposed to several different cultures from different countries.


It definitely helps that my dad is from Brasil, but also helps that my parents' idea of family bonding was through traveling.  I'm sure while growing up, people thought we were spoiled rotten but what I'm sure they did not realize was how frugal we lived.  


10. Diversity: whether it be seasons, people, thoughts, or beliefs.


How boring would everything be if everything was the same?  Each night, there is a different sunset, just waiting for us to enjoy!  Also, while there's two sides to every coin, I love hearing people's differing perspectives, experiences, and ideas on whatever it may be.  Finally, the diversity among the earth is beautiful. Mountains, oceans, forests, and so forth- no matter where you go, you're bound to have beauty all around you.


11. Determination to become better each day.


I believe everybody's born with different natures.  I am grateful that I have the desire to be a better person each day.  Without this determination, I do not think I would be a very happy person.  As you can tell by this picture, I have come a long way from a confused child to a lucid adult.

No comments :