Sunday, June 16, 2013

Josh's Birthday!

Well, as we all know, Josh's birthday was on the 2nd of this month and you all probably thought I was a not doing my duty as wife because I didn't post anything about the big day!  WRONG.

Since his birthday was on a Sunday, we went to dinner the night before to a new place that we've wanted to try out... The Hickory!

Here's some awesome pictures with our awesome friends.

Top Left: We ran into Seth and Jaya Jones!  ...They have no clue this picture is up. Muah ha ha.

Top Right: Brian and Brittney Tait

Bottom Left: Nathan and Shelbee Keller

Bottom Right: Pretty much the most attractive couple ever



You may wonder why there's more photos of Brittney, rather than Josh... it is called Musson Mayhem, right?  To answer this ever so prevalent inquiry- boys= don't like photos, girls= do like photos.  Plus, Brittney's so photogenic, I'd rather have her up there than me ;)

The photo that looks like Brittney is farting is actually her knocking over one of the pans on the wall.  The whole restaurant stopped and looked, no kidding.. it got really quiet.  They probably thought we were really immature- but we didn't mean to! Here's proof she knocked it over.



Let us finish off the night with a wonderful group photo:


For the remainder of the night we played games and no one had room for my tremendously amazing ice cream cake ):  It's okay, it lasted for the next couple weeks...




As for the next day, his ACTUAL birthday, he woke up to this basket of beauty:

So I know it's not much because:
1. Anyone can pick out someone's favorite candy/drink
2. I didn't get him anything original
3. He goes and finds something off amazon that he wants anyways

But to my defense (not like anyone's on the offense) Josh has been studying for the MCAT and has been buying monsters to stay awake every day!  So, I figured I would buy him something that he needed most at the time... CAFFEINE!  He takes the test this week... so wish him luck! (:

Aside from opening his present, I made his favorite breakfast (crepes with lots of chocolate) and we went off to church!  I prepared and perfectly executed our lesson, as another little present to him, then came home while I anxiously awaited for his surprise birthday party to start!

I was so awkward.  I forgot to give Brittney a few things for the party so I inconspicuously slid things into my purse like measuring cups, tongs, chips, and ketchup.  I pretty much knew Josh knew I was up to no good because I lied so many different times. It's definitely true when you tell a lie, they get so intertwined that you can't remember where you started! ): Josh said it's a good thing I can't lie.

Anyways, we headed to the park and all of his friends were there! I felt like a proud mama.  Enough talk- more pictures!

                                                                                                                                Photobombing at it's finest


At the end, we played a successful game of kickball.


Just the last thing I'd like to say... Not to be all sappy, but last year Josh and I were apart for our birthdays because he was in Yellowknife, Canada aka: the middle of nowhere, while I was home in San Diego, working.  It was such a blessing to celebrate his birthday, not only married, but together! Yay for birthday celebrations! 

No comments :